Saturday 31 March 2012

Race for Life: Challenge Accepted


I haven't even completed one challenge yet, and I've already signed up for another! 

The Cancer Research UK Race for Life is always something that I wanted to be part of. Yet, the thought of running 10k was just far beyond impossible that I was more supporter than participant. 

But when my housemate asked if I would do the 5k with her this year, I jumped on it. For the first time in my life, I'm just about comfortable running 5k without keeling over and I thought it would be something to keep my activity level up after Kilimanjaro and for a really good cause!

But after chatting to the half-marathon running ladies from Sexy in the City Bootcamp, I was convinced I could do the 10k if I put in a bit of training after Kilimanjaro - so @Orsii, @RachelAfia and @Danilorium I'm holding you wholly responsible for this one! :) 

So that's it, I've signed up, my race number has arrived and all that's left to do is train up to the 10k. 

Anyone else running it this year? Any tips you'd like to share with this complete running novice - things like "your toe nails may fall off" are not appreciated at this time! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment